Ancestor 428: John Webb Nance Jr, (son of John Webb Nance) was born 1695 in Prince George County, Virginia and died 3 August 1762 in Cornwall Parish, Lunnenburg County, Virginia. He married about 1715 in Petersburg, Prince George County, Virginia to:
Ancestor 429: Jane Smart (daughter of Matthew Smart) was born 1687 in Charles City County, Virginia and died before 1761.
Note: Ancestor 428 is NOT an ancestor who would be a contributor of an X-Chromosome because his son Frederick Nance (Ancestor 214) is the next ancestor in Mic’s lineage.
Ancestor 429, Jane Smart, IS a contributor of an X-Chromosome.
Children of John Webbs Jr and Jane Smart.
1. John Webb Nance III was born 1718 in Prince George County, Virginia and died April 1762 In Pittsylvania County, Virginia He married Martha Ann Giles who was born in 1713 in Amelia County, Virginia and died 1796 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia.
a. Elizabeth Nance
b. David Nance was born in Amelia County, Virginia and died 22 Oct 1780 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia. He married Mary Crenshaw 1769 in Amelia County, Virginia.
c. Giles Nance born 4 May 1735 Prince Georges County, Virginia and died in Wake County, NC. He married first Mary Malone and second Mary Smith.
d. Robert Nance was born 1737 in Mecklenburg or Prince George County, Virginia and died before 25 May 1815 near Stem, Granville County, North Carolina. He is buried in Knap of Reeds on his old homeplace at Stem, Granville County, North Carolina. He married first Nancy “Anne” Marshall, daughter of John Marshall and Mary Malone. Nancy was born 1736 and died after 1779 in Anson County, North Carolina. Robert’s second wife was Faitha Pennington 4 February 1790. She was born about 1760 and was the daughter of James Pennington
e. Thomas Nance was born 1740 and died 1811. He married Elizabeth Hudson before 1762. She was born about 1740
f. Isham Nance was born about 1741.
g. Daniel Nance was born about 1743 Daniel Nance was born about 1743. He married Patience who was born about 1743
h. Martha Ann Rebecca Nance died about 18 November 1783 in Pittsylvania County, VA.
2. (Mic’s Ancestor 214) Frederick Nance was born before 25 May 1721 and died before 18 September 1796 in Lunnenburg County, Virginia. He married twice. His first wife was (Mic’s Ancestor 215) Susannah Wells, daughter of (Mic’s Ancestor 430) George Wells and (Mic’s Ancestor 431) Sarah (or Susan) King. After the death of his first wife, Frederick Nance married second about 1777 to Susannah Stokes whose first husband, —- Christopher had died.
Children of Frederick Nance and Susannah Wells
a. Tavener Nance was born about 1750
b. John Webb Nance was born about 1752
c. George Nance was born about 1754
d. Frederick Nance was born about 1756
e. Sarah Solkins Nance was born about 1758. She married in Charlotte County, Virginia 21 January 1774 James Robertson who was born about 1758. She married second Jackson and had two children: Susannah Jackson born about 1784 and Robert Jackson born about 1786.
f. Jane Charlotte Nance was born about 1760. She married John Blanton who died about 1799. She married second Jesse Crenshaw in 1805 Lunenburg County, Virginia. There was no issue of the second marriage.
Children by John Blanton:
1. John Blanton d. ca 1800 never married
2. Lucy Blanton mar Emond Martin 29 July 1807
3. Susannah N(ance?) Blanton mar Ambrose Gresham 14 Nov 1811
4. Nancy Clements Blanton mar Iverson Lewis Gresham 7 Dec 1813
5. Permelia Blanton mar William Powell 2 Feb 1814
g. Nancy Ayers Nance was born about 1762. She married first Robert Jackson. By him she had 3 children: Robert Jackson b 1786, Susannah Jackson b 1788, Lyndall Bacon Jackson b. 1790 d 1875 Nancy married second Drury Allen Bacon (1765-1845) , son of Lydall Bacon and Mary Allen Bacon. By him she had 2 children: Drury Allen Bacon b 1792 and Lydall Bacon b 1793
3. Elinor Nance was born about 1721
4. Thomas Nance was born 22 September 1723. He married Priscilla who was born about 1723.
a. Sarah Nance born 28 Oct 1745
5. Richard Nance was born 24 January 1725/26 in Petersburg, Prince George County, Virginia and died in Granville County, North Carolina
a. Mary Nance b ca 1750 married William Tanner Children: Richard Nance Tanner b ca 1777 and Alkins Tanner b 14 Feb 1781
b. Harold Nance b. ca 1750
c. Frederick Woodson Nance b. ca 1750 Children: Clement Nance b ca 1772; Richard Nance b ca 1772 died Tennessee; James Nance
d. John Nance b ca 1750
e. Clement Nance b ca 1750 d. Hopkins County, KY
f. James Nance b ca 1750
g. William Nance b ca 1750
6. William Nance was born 12 July 1728 in Bristol Parish, Prince George County, Virgnia. He married Ann who was born about 1728 Children: Clement, John, Reuben b 8 July 1745 Brunswick County Virginia died 13 Jan 1812 Henry County, Virginia Married twice: 1) Nancy Brown born ca 1770 married 3 Feb 1786 and Second Anna Williams. Children: a) Clement Nance b 20 September 1787 married Nancy Nance b) Joseph Nance b 5 Feb 1790 c) Sarah Nance b 2 Nov 1791 d) Stephen Nance b 11 Jun 1793 e) Peyton Skipper Nance b 18 Feb 1795 f) Edmund Nance b 20 August 1797 g) Lesenby Nance b 20 August 1801 h) Nancy Nance b 22 March 1804 i) Reuben Sanders Nance b 28 May 1808
7. Sarah Nance was born after August 1728
8. Molly Nance was born after August 1728
9. Elizabeth Nance was born after August 1728 and died 1848 Greenville County, South Carolina. She married William BOYCE who was born about 1728 and died 1804.
10. Jane Nance was born after August 1728
11. Phebe Nance was born after August 1728 married Elijah Wells, brother of Mic’s Ancestors 214-215 Susannah Wells who married Frederick Nance Sr.
12. Susannah Nance was born after August 1728